General terms and conditions.
The law applicable to use of the Website and to disputes arising out of the Website is the law of the State of Victoria in Australia. If you access the Website from outside Australia you are also responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws in the place where you are located.
- Anti-spam notice Publication of electronic addresses on CPA Australia's Website is for the purpose of professional communication only and must not be used to infer consent by CPA Australia or the relevant addressees, to the receipt of unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- Content on this Website Material or information ('Content') on the Website is not advice and is subject to periodic changes and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. CPA Australia does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the content in the Website. You should make your own enquiries before entering any transaction on the basis of the content on the Website.
- External links and advertisements The Website contains links to websites maintained by other organisations over which CPA Australia has no control. CPA Australia does not necessarily sponsor, endorse, or approve any material or advertising on external sites or the operations of external sites. You access those external sites and use their information, products and services solely at your own risk.
CPA Australia makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material or advertising on external sites to which the Website is linked, nor is CPA Australia responsible for the availability of these external links. You should refer to the relevant external site or advertiser for information on its products and / or services.
You must not create or maintain any link from another website to this website without our written consent.
- Limitation of liability CPA Australia (i) makes no warranties or representations about the Website or any of the Content; (ii) accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Website or any of the Content; (iii) does not guarantee that the Website will not cause damage or is free from viruses or any other defects or errors. Under no circumstances will CPA Australia be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, including damages for loss of business or other profits arising in relation to the Content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus or any other defects or errors.
CPA Australia shall not be held responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by your use, of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on external sites. Any concerns regarding an external link, should be directed to its responsible site administrator or webmaster. CPA Australia excludes, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of the Website or the Content on it. Where any law implies a warranty or guarantee which may not be lawfully excluded, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, CPA Australia's liability for breach of the warranty or guarantee will at its option be limited to the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having them supplied again.
- Copyright in material on this site and restriction of use Save and except for any third party copyright included on the Website under a licence or agreement, all the Content of the Website and downloads from it, is owned by CPA Australia Ltd (ABN 64 008 392 452). All rights are reserved.
Other than for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any other applicable legislation throughout the world), or as otherwise provided for in this copyright notice, no part of any Content may in any form or by any means (including electronic, mechanical, microcopying, photocopying or recording) be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted or reproduced on any other Internet website without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
For further information about copyright in CPA Australia content contact the Legal Business Unit. CPA Australia grants you permission to do the following with the content unless otherwise indicated:
- Copyright in other material CPA Australia makes no warranties or representations that third party material on the Website or material on other websites to which the Website is linked, does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world.
CPA Australia is not, and must not be taken to be, authorising infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material on other sites by linking the Website to such material on other sites.
- Trademarks Trademarks including but not limited to the words 'CPA' and 'CPA Australia', unless otherwise indicated, are owned by CPA Australia in Australia and may be the subject of rights in other countries. You must not use CPA Australia's trademarks except: (i) by saving or printing out a copy of CPA Australia's website as permitted by the copyright notice above; (ii) as permitted by written agreement from CPA Australia.
The Website may contain trade marks or logos of other companies or organisations and these are proprietary to the registered owner(s) of such marks.
- Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CPA Australia, its officers and employees, from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expenses (including reasonable solicitor's fees) asserted by any third party due to or arising from or in connection with your use of Content, or your conduct on the Website, or messages posted or transmitted by you on or through the Website. CPA Australia reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, which shall not excuse your indemnification obligations.
- Website unavailability CPA Australia does not accept responsibility in the event that the website is unavailable to you due to any computer downtime, malfunction or such other event outside the control of CPA Australia.
- Forums and public communication Forum includes without limitation; chat area, message board, blog or wiki function, discussion board, instant messaging, mobile messaging or e-mail function offered as part of the Website. If you participate in any Forum within the Website, you agree to follow our terms set out below, including the specific terms (where applicable) for the CPA Program Question & Answer and FAQs Learning Resources, accessed via 'My Online Learning'.
CPA Australia is not responsible for the content or opinions posted or sent by users in any Forum. You acknowledge that: (i) you take responsibility for postings under your username; (ii) you use the information provided in the Forums at your own risk; (iii) anything you submit on the Website by way of any Forum is routed through CPA Australia's servers and the Internet and that, therefore, you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such submission; (iv) CPA Australia does not guarantee and is under no obligations, to take action in response to any suggestions or requests placed by any person within the Forum; (v) the Forums and features on the Website are forums for public and not private communications. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. CPA Australia cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online; you make such disclosures at your own risk. When participating in a Forum, never assume that people are who they say they are, know what they say they know, or are affiliated with whom they say they are affiliated with in any chat room, message board, or other user-generated content area. Information obtained in a Forum may not be reliable, and it is not a good idea to take any action, including to trade or make any investment decisions, based solely or largely on information you cannot confirm. CPA Australia cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information, and shall not be responsible for any trading, investment, or any other decisions made based on such information. You furthermore agree not to do any of the following:
Post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any data, text, or message, that CPA Australia deems to be:
(i) defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking;
(ii) bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive;
(iii) vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit (language or images); or that
(iv) encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; or that
(v) infringes and / or violates any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Forum. Advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any Forum for commercial purposes of any kind.
Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity. Engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including 'flaming', 'spamming', 'flooding', 'trolling', and 'griefing' as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. CPA Australia reserves the right to: (i) remove any material, and if we deem appropriate, to turn over to law enforcement officials, any material, including message, e-mail, or posting, that is in violation of these terms; (ii) remove messages, e-mails, or postings that do not pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Forum; (iii) comply with any order or otherwise cooperate with law enforcement officials regarding the identification of any user alleged to be using the Website in violation of the law; (iv) either via staff posting or otherwise, initiate any discussion based on feedback from members; and (v) otherwise remove or edit content from any Forum at any time and for any reason although it has no duty to do so.
CPA Program questions and answers and FAQs Learning Resources Terms FAQs: CPA Australia reserves the right to modify or alter messages posted for use as frequently asked questions (FAQs). CPA Australia reasonably endeavours to remove all references to the individual candidate.
CPA Australia staff: Comments or responses by CPA Australia staff do not necessarily represent the views of CPA Australia.
- Password security You must keep your password confidential at all times. You must not: (i) allow anyone to watch you enter your password when accessing the website; (ii) record your password in any manner that would indicate to anyone that it is the user's password. You must inform us as soon as possible if you become aware of misuse of your password or loss or theft of a record of the password, or if you suspect that the password has become known to anyone. If you delay unreasonably in notifying us, you will be liable for your losses.
- Registration Whether you are a member of CPA Australia or a non-member, you need to register in order to purchase products and services from the Website, enrol into courses or enter competitions. Members may be entitled to receive discounts when purchasing and / or registering for products and services from the Website. Access to some areas of the Website may also be restricted to members only and / or CPA Program candidates. Find out more about becoming a member of CPA Australia and the benefits available to members.
- Registration for CPD Events If you have registered but fail to attend an event, you will be liable for payment unless cancellation is made in writing, in accordance with CPA Australia's CPD Cancellation Policy advertised for individual events. You can check the CPD Cancellation Policy for individual events at registration.
Offline registrations: Offline registrations are made by fax or mail and all efforts will be made to process offline registrations within two (2) working days of receipt. For fax or mail registrations, please contact us.
Online registrations: If you encounter difficulties with online registrations, please contact us.
- a. Enrolment for My Online Learning and CPA Program(r) Offline enrolments: Offline enrolments are made by phone, fax or mail and all efforts will be made to process offline registrations within two (2) working days of receipt. For fax or mail registrations, please contact us.
Online enrolment: When enrolling, user will receive a receipt onscreen confirming payment is accepted. Successful online transactions will be confirmed by email notification. If you encounter difficulties with online enrolments, please contact us.
For further information visit the My Online Learning section and the CPA Program section of the Website.
b. Virtual Classroom (Elluminate Live!) In accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge and agree that:
you will be re-directed to another website independent of CPA Australia, residing on a separate server hosted in Canada ('external site') in order for you to access this function, you will be required to accept the external site's terms and conditions and upon entering the external site, the relationship is between you and the external site you may be required to login using a password or other identifier ('personal information') for all enquiries relating to support, usability or access to the external site, you will need to contact the external site to remedy any problems or register your complaint where aspects of this function are recorded, anything you say, do, or submit in writing, will be recorded (by way of any medium) and used by CPA Australia in the future in any way it chooses by continuing beyond this point, you consent to the recording and use described in paragraph v. 17c. Enrolment for Public Practice Study Programs Enrolments are made by fax or mail only, and all efforts will be made to process enrolments within two (2) working days of receipt. For fax or mail registrations contact us.
For further information visit the Public Practice Study Programs section of the Website.
- Payment Your payment must accompany any registration for CPD events, enrolment for My Online Learning courses, other events or orders to purchase products.
- Payment terms A Tax Invoice will be issued once processing has been completed. Any dispute regarding the invoice must be notified to CPA Australia within two (2) business days of receipt of invoice. No product or service shall be delivered to you without payment being received by CPA Australia.
- Payment types The following credit cards are accepted:
Visa Mastercard American Express Diners Club Online transactions: Fill in your details and CPA Australia will charge the transaction to your account.
Offline transactions: Print off the offline payment form and send the transaction by:
mail - send the completed form with payment (with your credit card details OR cheque OR Australian money order) to Member Administration.
fax - fax the completed form with payment (credit card details - cheque and Australian money orders cannot be processed via fax) to Member Administration.
- Prices Prices are correct at the time they appear on the Website. However, CPA Australia reserves the right to change prices at any time.
The prices appearing on the Website may have a GST component and you are encouraged to check this at point of payment, otherwise the prices include processing, handling, insurance and delivery charges for delivery within Australia.
In order to obtain a GST exclusive price, you may be asked to declare your residential status, physical location and use of the supply of goods or services you purchase on this Website in the following form: I declare that (i) I am not an Australian resident; and (ii) I am not, or will not be, in Australia at the time I receive the goods or services. Please note that your transaction will not be completed unless you make this declaration when prompted.
The GST exclusive price is only available to customers who:
are non-residents are outside Australia at the time they receive the supply of the e-learning course and any other materials agree to the declaration referred to previously
- Participation in competitions All competitions that you may enter on the Website are governed by the relevant State legislation and have their own rules and conditions. You are encouraged to read these carefully before entering into any competitions.
- Career Guidance System By using this Career Guidance System ('the System') you acknowledge and agree to, the following:
(1) The System: (a) works on the basis of self assessment; (b) any resources suggested by the System are the result of the information you provide; (c) is intended to be a guide only and no part of it is intended to be advice; (d) is no substitute for professional advice.
(2) CPA Australia gives no guarantee to you: (a) of the continued availability of any particular resource suggested by the System; (b) that the System will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the System will be corrected; (d) that you have attained or will attain a particular competency level; (d) that you will obtain or be considered for any position for which you apply.
Limitation of liability
(3) To the extent permitted by applicable law, CPA Australia, its employees, agents and consultants exclude all liability for any loss or damage claims and expenses including but not limited to legal costs, indirect special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to, negligence) arising out of the information in this tool. Where any law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, CPA Australia limits its liability to the resupply of the information.